De laatste post

Orienteering-news website

donderdag, maart 26, 2015

HOCup 2015: preview

Matthias Müller (SUI), Olle Karner (EST) and some Belgian national team athletes (like Tomas Hendrickx and Jeremy Genar) are already on the startlist for HOCup 2015. This 2-days event will take place in the south of Belgium the 11th and 12th of April 2015.

At the moment most Belgian athletes are focusing on the Belgian relay championships (next sunday) and the WOC selection races (at JK in the beginning of April), but one week later there is another interesting competition on the calendar. The HOCup 2015 will include a middle distance race on saturday and a long distance national race on sunday. 


The middle distance will be partly forest and partly urban terrain

The middle distance race on saturday will take place in Vierves and will be half urban and half forest (with microrelief) terrain. The longest course will measure 5.5km. On sunday a national long distance race will take place in Olloy. Here we can expect a physical (because of several steep climbs) and technical (specially in the rocky zones) tough race. Both races will be worth the trip.


Extract from the long distance race on sunday

Matthias Müller first experience with Belgian orienteering:
One of the most famous participants is Matthias Müller, the former Swiss worldchampion in sprint distance. Some weeks before the race he already spoke to the organisation about his expectations and ambitious:
"Throughout my carreer I raced in so many countries but it is my first time in Belgium and I am looking forward to race in this new terrain. The maps look very interesting and the pictures from the terrain too! It will be fun to race it. Since I retired I have not been training that hard, so I do not have any expectations about my own performance. Since I stared as a coach in the regional squad of Aargau (the canton I am from) I care more about the young promising athletes in my team than about myself. All these kids will be in HOCup too, for some of them it will be the first time they'll do orienteering outside Switzerland. It will be fun and I hope they all can learn some lessons on the way to top athletes!"

Trailer HOCup 2015

Registrations:

The entry deadline is already next monday 30th of March. Belgian participants should register by their clubs and foreigners can contact the organisation (more information in the link below). It's also possible to do extra trainings or even organise trainingscamps in this area.


1 Comments:

  • At 26/3/15 21:27, Anonymous Fabi said…

    I can see 10 controls on the 3 map extracts... any idea ?

     

Een reactie posten

<< Home