disaster for small federations
- Which runner has the highest level? Pierre Kaltenbacher (8th of Austria) or Pavlo Ushkvarok (2nd of Ukraine)?
- Belgium can send only 1 athlete to next world cup season unless we send some runners to WRE-events.
- How shall we select this one runner??
- How shall we send the athlete to the competition, with or without a coach?
- Is Belgium still interested in World Cup or is it to expensive to send only one runner?
Focussing on WOC and WRE-events seems the only solution to keep the bunch of young talented athletes motivated. WRE-events in similar terrain as WOC 2007 or 2008 are good opportunities.
The best athletes of Belgium are planning to focus only on WOC for next season. Probably some countries will not send any runners. Can we still call it a WORLD cup?
- Will we ever see news items like these at WOC in Danmark: "26 nations represented in long distance final Posted by Clive Allen on July 30, 2006 at 21:01"? Not for a World Cup in my opinion.