De laatste post

Orienteering-news website

vrijdag, maart 16, 2007

PERFECT FOREST IN PERU

This week I was on a tour in Peru, went to Cusco and Machu Picchu. Machu Picchu is for me one of the new 7 world wonders. Cusco is located at about 3500m altitude and could be a perfect altitude training environment. Machu Picchu is 2500m above sealevel and is situated at the start of the rain forest. It is situated in between 4 higher mountains of about 3000-3400m. I ran up the highest of them.



In Cusco you could feel the difference in height. I ran at a level of 3900m. On a bustour in Cusco I saw one of the nicest forests I ever saw in my life so I took a picture from it. Other tourists (japanese particularly) didn't understand why I was taking the picture.




The difference with the beginning of the rain forest is incredible.